top of page

Pathway to becoming a NH Licensed Reflexologist  

Since 2009, the State of New Hampshire became one of 4 states in the U.S. to require anyone performing reflexology, to become Licensed Reflexology Therapists.  Prior to that, reflexology was practiced under the Licensed Massage Therapist umbrella.

Therefore, in the State of New Hampshire, you must become ARCB (American Reflexology Certification Board) Certified in order to be able to apply for NH Reflexology License (known as the Bodywork license which is governed by the office of Professional licensing and Certification in NH.) 

The Bodyworker license is grouped together with Structural Integrators (rolfing,) and Asian Bodywork Therapists. 

Route to NH Reflexology License




Initial Licensure


To obtain an initial bodyworker license in New Hampshire, an applicant must:

  • Submit a bodyworker license application and pay the required license fee;

  • Hold current National Certification from the appropriate association as required by RSA 328-H.

  • The national certification requirements for license shall be as follows:

  • A reflexologist shall hold current certification from the American Reflexology Certification Board.


License Renewal

To renew a bodyworker license in New Hampshire, a licensee must:

  • Submit a bodyworker renewal application and pay the required license fee

  • Submit documentation of continuing national certification of 12 CE's every 2 years


Link to apply for NH Reflexology License - Fee info $155





About ARCB (American Reflexology Certification Board)

As an independent certifying testing agency, ARCB does not recommend or endorse any school, curriculum or instructor. No school or instructor has authorization from ARCB to state that taking their course will qualify you to pass the examination. You must select your own course of study. However, they do set standards for the minimum educational requirements necessary to apply for exam.  Prerequisites for testing with ARCB is completion of a hands-on reflexology course through certification (if available).  An on-line or distance learning reflexology course is not eligible to fulfill the training requirement to test with ARCB. 


 ARCB requires that the course must be at least 110 hours of classroom study plus 90 session documentations (200 hours total). The suggested content should include:

  • 25 hours of reflexology theory, history, zones, meridians and relaxation response (23%)

  • 40 hours of body systems as related to reflexology; study of the leg and foot as a structure; hands-on palpation of landmarks with sensory identification of palpated areas (congested, grainy, tight, soft, etc.); a map of reflexes (reflexology chart) as they are anatomically reflected on the feet; how the body is affected by stimulation to the reflexes on the feet, as well as hands-on experience (36%)

  • 30 hours of Anatomy and Physiology (27%)

  • 5 hours of business practice covering ethics and business standards, local/state laws and ordinances pertaining to the practice of reflexology (5%)

  • 10 hours (or more) of supervised practicum or clinical work (9%)

  • Any number of additional homework hours which can include giving and documenting client sessions and other written work.

For more information, click here:



About Reflexology Association of America (RAA)

The Reflexology Association of America (RAA) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the scientific and professional advancement of reflexology. The organization’s mission is to elevate and standardize the quality of reflexology services and education available to the public. The Reflexology Association of America works to unify, promote, and advocate for its members, state reflexology associations, and proponents. RAA’s vision is to create one national movement toward greater excellence, integrity, research and public safety.

The Reflexology Association of America (RAA) has recently increased its minimum educational requirements for membership to 300 hours. Reflexology schools and instructors approved by RAA are listed on their website.

bottom of page